mail-extract-address-components and silly address comments

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: mail-extract-address-components and silly address comments
Date: 03 Apr 2003 15:21:30 +0200

I keep getting an increasing number of silly comments in email addresses
that cause mail-extract-address-components to return nonsense full names.
e.g. for the following 2 addresses mail-extract-address-components returns
these full names:
 user@host (via the vacation program)  -> "via the vacation program"
 "user via HyperNews" <HyperNews@host> -> "user via HyperNews"

Had a glance at mail-extract-address-components, but this function
looks way too complicated for me. Is there a hook or some other means to
remove uninteresting parts of an email address?

Thanks,

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Linux: The best things in life are free