Re: preparing colored text

From: Jonathan Epstein
Subject: Re: preparing colored text
Date: 3 Apr 2003 06:17:21 -0800

Thanks for all the responses ... sorry if I was unclear.  I meant
doing this under program control.  Here's what I came up with
(copy-hack from faces.el) ... thanks again.

Jonathan

 (with-output-to-temp-buffer "*ColorExample*"
      (save-excursion
        (set-buffer standard-output)
        (setq truncate-lines t)
        (insert "here is some sample red text, green text, and flowery blue
prose")
        (put-text-property 20 29 'face 'font-lock-warning-face)
        (put-text-property 31 42 'face 'font-lock-type-face)
        (put-text-property 47 65 'face 'font-lock-function-name-face)
        ))