auto-fill... eh

From: John Russell
Subject: auto-fill... eh
Date: 05 Apr 2003 01:29:37 -0500

Quote from the emacs manual

   Auto Fill mode does not refill entire paragraphs; it can break
lines but cannot merge lines.  So editing in the middle of a paragraph
can result in a paragraph that is not correctly filled.  The easiest
way to make the paragraph properly filled again is usually with the
explicit fill commands.  See *Note Fill Commands::.

This kinda bothers me.  I really want auto-fill to behave the way it
does in every other program.  eg if you go back to the middle of a
paragraph and start typing, I would like it to fill correctly.  See
the Mozilla Mail client for an example of the behavior I mean.  I'm
sure there are others but that's what sprang to mind.

I am so so at lisp but I wanted to ask if anyone else had done this
or knew how before I blew the cobwebs off the lisp part of my brain.
Thanks.

John