Re: speedbar + auctex (+ reftex?): show tables/figures/definitions

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: speedbar + auctex (+ reftex?): show tables/figures/definitions
Date: 07 Apr 2003 10:18:56 -0400

>>> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) seems to think that:
>The speedbar shows the tree of sections/subsections.  This is quite
>nice.  But it seems I might like to see more labels, such as
>definitions, tables, and figures.
>
>Is this possible?
>
>(I have Emacs from CVS, AUCTeX 11.14, speedbar 0.14beta4, semantic
>1.4.1.)

In semantic 0.14beta4, there is a file called `sb-texi.el', which builds a
tree of data for speedbar.  The existing tex display engine for
speedbar probably uses imenu, so you will see the same thing as in the
imenu menu.  In the simple case, you can update the imenu expressions.

For a more comprehensive TeX, or LaTeX display, you would need to
write something very much like sb-texi.el specific to TeX.  You would
then be able to add any small detail you would like and get a nice
hierarchical display.

Eric