Two questions - Gnus and IRC related

From: Hiran Watson
Subject: Two questions - Gnus and IRC related
Date: 08 Apr 2003 07:17:39 -0400

1) How can I set Gnus to automatically display all messages (read and unread)
for new newsgroups I subscribe to? Currently I type G + c to go into the config
options for a particular newsgroup and change the display option. Can I have
Gnus do this for any new newsgroups I subscribe to?

2) Can I connect to/read/write to IRC channels with Emacs? If so, what's the
package I need to install? Someone told me it is possible, but I can't seem to
find any packages related to that (using aptitude in Debian and the Emacs help
and the Emacs website).

Thanks.

God bless
Hiran