Re: Unable to use TAGS in xemacs

From: Shyamal Prasad
Subject: Re: Unable to use TAGS in xemacs
Date: 08 Apr 2003 13:05:29 -0500

    "kiniry" == kiniry  <kiniry@acm.org> writes:

    kiniry> A bit of clarification: exuberant ctags provides full
    kiniry> support for all tags-based mechanisms in (x)emacs.

Hi,

Does exuberant ctags support elisp these days? It's been a while, but
I remember that a few years ago it did not get elisp right, and did
not support the --regex option from emacs etags. I know this because
Slackware Linux would give me exuberant ctags by default, and it just
did not cut it for me because it barfed on elisp, and my --regex
options for python did not work. If it's changed, I'd use it again.

Cheers!
Shyamal