Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!

From: Lee Sau Dan
Subject: Re: What did you do with Emacs!!!!!
Date: 09 Apr 2003 08:33:54 +0200

    David> A detail worth mentioning.  Is there an advantage of using
    David> a window environment at all in that case?  I would imagine
    David> that it would not buy you anything over a pure tty Emacs.

pure tty Emacs is windowed.  Ctrl-x 2 and you'll see 2 windows.

Please  don't   equate  "window"  (and  "easy  of   use")  with  those
resource-wasting high-calorie  content eye-candies.  And  don't get me
wrong, I'm not blind nor colour-blind.  But I did play with emacsspeak
(with IBM's free software voice synthesizer) and was quite impressed!

--
Lee Sau Dan                     李守敦(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@informatik.uni-freiburg.de