Re: iswitch-like bookmark-jump ?

From: Sergei Pokrovsky
Subject: Re: iswitch-like bookmark-jump ?
Date: 10 Apr 2003 18:08:54 +0700

  FF> Hi,

  FF> Now that I use iswitchb-mode, I miss it when I don't have
  FF> it. For instance, is it possible to set up the selection of
  FF> bookmarks in bookmark-jump so that it is done the same way (and
  FF> in find-file too, and others) ? I think I saw something like
  FF> that somewhere.

  FF> At least, is there an option so that the completion in the mini-buffer
  FF> (with [tab]) cycles through all potential completions instead of begin
  FF> stuck after the longest common substring ?

I use

;;; mcomplete.el --- minibuffer completion with prefix and substring matching

[...]

;; This program borrows the ideas and the design of the following
;; programs:
;;
;;  icomplete.el --- minibuffer completion incremental feedback
;;  Author: Ken Manheimer
;;
;;  iswitchb.el --- switch between buffers using substrings
;;  Author: Stephen Eglen

[...]

;;; Commentary:

;; This package enhances Emacs's minibuffer completion mechanism.
;;
;; In short, this is icomplete.el + iswitchb.el +/- something.

[...]

;;; Compatibility:

;; complete.el
;;   tab, space, ... is used for mcomplete-mode.
;;   M-tab, M-SPACE, ... might work.
;;
;; completing-help.el (>= version 3.3)
;;   With this packege, short descriptions on completions is displayed
;;   by pressing `?'.
;;
;;   You can get completing-help.el at
;;   http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/completing-help.el
;;
;; icomplete.el
;;   icomplete-mode gets turned off when mcomplete-mode is activated.
;;
;; ido.el (http://hjem.get2net.dk/storm/emacs/)
;;   Both work. ido commands take precedence.
;;
;; iswitchb.el
;;   Both work. iswitchb commands take precedence.
;;

[...]

;;  Here's a code for bookmark-jump a la iswitch-buffer.
;;  (put 'bookmark-jump
;;       'mcomplete-mode
;;       '(:method-set (mcomplete-substr-method mcomplete-prefix-method)
;;         :exhibit-start-chars 0))

[...]

--
Sergei