Can I scroll inline images horizontally?

From: Felix E. Klee
Subject: Can I scroll inline images horizontally?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:46:34 +0200

Hi,

I use imaxima-mode to interface with the computer algebra system Maxima. This
mode renders formulas as inline images. However, often the images are too wide
to find in the emacs buffer. Therefore I would like to scroll them
horizontally. But scroll-left and scroll-right only work if there is also a
long line of text. So in order to view these formulas, I first have to create a
long line of text and then I can use scroll-left and scroll-right.

Is there some way to tell EMACS that I want to scroll horizontally even if
there aren't any long lines of text?

Felix

--
To contact me in private don't reply but send mail to
    felix DOT klee AT inka DOT de