grep and emacs

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: grep and emacs
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:08:50 -0400

Hello all:

Is there a grep utility that I can use within emacs that will do a grep
similar to how VisualC++ and codewright do it? I'd like to search a dir(gui
is optional) and have all results display in a second window. By clicking on
the file I'd like to open it in the original window.

I try to use emacs as much as possible, but I always find my self using
another editor for grep/"Finding in files". I like the ability to open the
file by clicking that VC++ and codewright offer.

Thanks in advance!!

Javier