Re: How do I configure emacs to remember last opened buffer on the next

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: How do I configure emacs to remember last opened buffer on the next emacs session?
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:48:55 -0400

Jeffery B. Rancier wrote:

> Elchanan Sharon <esharon@iname.com> writes:
>
>> Working with emacs, I usually open a lot of buffers (20-30).
>> There is always a time I need to turn off the computer, hence closing
>> also the emacs session.
>>
>> I am looking for a way to make emacs when re-activated, to remember
>> and open all the buffers that I recently worked with last time.
>
> See http://emacs-session.sourceforge.net/related.html

For my needs I've found it a little more convenient to make a macro that
loads all my most-used files. I bound it to the shifted-F1 key.

Just another way of doing things.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of my e-mail address. It's to
confuse spambots, of course.