Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:13:26 +0100

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:02:06 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Patches welcome.

:-)

Stefan - seriously, if I could I would. I would *love* to contribute to
something like Emacs, and if I was capable I would make the time to do it.

But, and please be patient with my naivety, does that mean that getting
emacs to hook into the new font rendering abilities of XFree86 is really
hard? Or is it just that the core developers are too busy working on more
pressing issues in emacs?

Best, Darren

P.S. I hope you din't take any of my earlier comments to be gripes.
They're not - I was just curious.

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com