Re: copy/paste & Emacs on XWindows

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: copy/paste & Emacs on XWindows
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 04:24:12 +0000 (UTC)

On CDE, I have no problem.

Now, I don't use the mouse's buttons (just because
I don't like mice); I use the KEYS for copy and paste.

When do I need this copy/paste stuff?  Wnen
logged into my shell-account, and want to either
copy stuff from an emacs-region into eg a remote
"cat >> t.foo" or appending in vi,

or via mouse-blackening of dtterm showing my shell-acct,
pasting (via the paste key) into an emacs buffer (at point).

Usually C-Y works, but if it doesn't, I simply hit
paste.  The pasted stuff ends up being a region
in emacs.

And, I need no special hacks; works just fine with
emacs as-is.

Again, I've never tried the middle or right keys
on the mouse; maybe that's related.

David