Re: New Emacs with GTK!

From: Niels Freimann
Subject: Re: New Emacs with GTK!
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:55:29 +0200

Hi David,

I am running emacs -nw as an perfect vi replacement.
Therefore there is only one text editor, emacs, on my
machine. However I don't believe that in the year 2003
when most users running linux on fast ia32 machines a tty
emacs is the future. Its rather a *nostalgia* for older users
like we are. Furthermore my argument was removing
anything else than gtk2 as X11 target, and creating two
separate branches for tty and gtk2, sharing common code
via libraries.  An tty and an gtk2 emacs thats enough.
Otherwise the code base will become too large.

-Niels