Re: How can I do these in Emacs?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How can I do these in Emacs?
Date: 19 Apr 2003 21:32:56 +0200

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

> > Hi! I'm new to Emacs. I'm used to use VIM.  But I decided to enjoy
> > the Emacs world.
>
> You might also want to try M-x viper-mode RET.  It's supposed to be
> pretty good.

That's like enjoying the Far East cuisine by booking a ticket to Hong
Kong and arranging for visiting all available MacDonalds restaurants
during the stay.

I'd recommend to _first_ emerge yourself fully into the Emacs world
(using tutorials and the reference sheets), and when, after
considerable consideration, you still find yourself throwing up
regularly, _then_ you might try the local MadDonalds aka viper-mode
and be reasonably sure that you don't miss out on much that you could
digest.