Re: How can I do these in Emacs?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: How can I do these in Emacs?
Date: 21 Apr 2003 10:36:25 -0700

>> From: wang yin <wy@wanglab.com>

>> 1. How can I do something like a "o" command in vi with Emacs?  I
>> always C-e to the end of the line and press RET.  Are there any
>> faster ways?

> Is "C-o" what you want (I don't really know what does "o" do in vi)?

It opens a new line after the current line ("O" opens before the
current line) regardless of where you are in the line whereas "C-o"
(in emacs) splits the line at the current point.

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.