Creating a "shortcut" key for "C-c C-"

From: Bill Clementson
Subject: Creating a "shortcut" key for "C-c C-"
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 01:55:16 GMT

Does anyone know how to map a key to a specific portion of a pre-defined
mapping? For example, if a standard major mode binding is "C-c C-n", how
would you define a particular key to represent the "C-c C-" portion of
the binding so that it is possible to substitute <key>-n for the "C-c
C-n" command? I can't see how this would be possible with either
Super/Hyper keys or other keymap alternatives, but it would be useful to
be able to do this.

I don't want to create a new keybinding for a command, I just want to be
able to indicate that a specific key will "globally" replace the "C-c
C-" portion of already defined major mode commands.

--
Bill Clementson