Re: Is there any way to tell M-x tetris to save scores outside of /tmp?

From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: Re: Is there any way to tell M-x tetris to save scores outside of /tmp?
Date: 23 Apr 2003 07:40:29 +0200

"Daniel R. Anderson" <dan@mathjunkies.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
>       Every once in a while I use M-x tetris to help me let off some steam,
> but scores are stored in /tmp and /tmp is emtied every reboot.  Is there
> any way to specify another file, so that scores stick around longer then
> 1 reboot?  (Granted, the time between reboots may be several weeks, but
> it's still dissapointing to boot up and see no tetris scores.  )
Well as I understand you use Emacs regularly. And you do not know how
to find a special file on it?

Ok this is what I've done
C-h a tetris
a window with this name comes up
moved the cursor on it typed F5 which runs
find-symbol-at-point here. Tetris is a functions so
find-function-at-point would have been fine too

a buffer with tetris.el has been opened.
run C-s score
type it again and found this:
(defvar tetris-score-file "/tmp/tetris-scores"
;; anybody with a well-connected server want to host this?
;(defvar tetris-score-file "/anonymous@ftp.pgt.com:/pub/cgw/tetris-scores"
  "File for holding high scores")

Well, how much easier could one find things?

The answer is
(setq tetrix-score-file "path_which_persists")

Regards
Friedrich