Re: Terminal problem in shell mode

From: Glenn Ammons
Subject: Re: Terminal problem in shell mode
Date: 23 Apr 2003 08:30:06 -0500

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

[snip]

> So it must be the scp on the local side that's trying to frob the
> terminal.
>
> I think you said that you can call scp outside of Emacs without the
> message?

Yes.

>  What does `tty' say in a shell where scp works?

In a cygwin shell (Windows XP), it says /dev/conin.

> And what does `tty' say in a shell where scp produces the above
> output?

In shell-mode (NTEmacs on Windows XP), it says

  not a tty

That's interesting.  On another machine (XEmacs on Linux), it says

  /dev/pts/4

> What happens if you invoke scp as `cat | scp ...'?

About the same thing.  I only get the message

  tcsetattr: Not a typewriter

in shell-mode in NTEmacs.

So, how do I convince shell-mode on NTEmacs that it is a tty?

Thanks.
--glenn