[Newbie] Colorizing keywords

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:46:16 -0700

Hello all,

Is there a way to define the colors that are used for keywords in a document? For example, if I am editing an HTML document I want the keywords colorized instead of just plain black and white. I know there is an HTML mode but it doesn't colorize anything. Can I change the colors to indicate what colors I want if there is a predefined color scheme for a particular mode?

If there is a way to turn on colorization in HTML mode I would appreciate someone letting me know how this works.

I am working in Cygwin and Emacs version 21.2.1.

Thanks in advance for any time you use to help me with,

Robert Pollard