Re: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: Re: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:41:09 -0700

Yes I now know about font-lock thanks to you and Phillip Lord. This takes care of known document types. What about making my own definitions for colorization? Is it possible to create my own database of keywords and define the color that is used for each? How does font-lock-mode do it? It would have to have a place where the keywords and patterns are defined with what colors they should be. Where would this be located so I can figure out how to do my own definitions? I suspect there is Lisp code involved and I can sort of imagine the Lisp code that could do what is needed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robert