Re: Problem positioning cursor

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Problem positioning cursor
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:24:53 +0200

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:
[...]
> I think that skeletons can't do what you need, though.  There is a
> change that adds the capability you need which has been committed to
> the development release of Emacs in the last couple of days, or which
> will be committed soon.

It should be possible even in Emacs 21.2. If you use something like
("lirum" _ "larum" _ "schubi"), then point is put at the first "_",
unless that is consumed (so to say) for the region.

Hmmm ...

(define-skeleton vics-java-catch-insert
  "Generate a skeleton for a java try-catch block."
  nil
  "try {" \n
  > _  \n
  > "} catch(Exception e) {" \n