Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:58:12 +0200

Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:

> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> (set-file-name-coding-system 'utf-8) should work, I'd think.
>
> This might work up to some degree.
>
> The crucial point is to use Emacs from CVS (trunk or unicode branch).
> Version 21.3 will expose problems sooner or later.

Which problems?  I thought that it would work as a first
approximation, especially if you mainly need to support Latin-1
characters in UTF-8 encoding.  Of course, trying CJK stuff with the
UTF-8 support in Emacs 21.3 won't work.

--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)