Re: Automatic Compiling

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Automatic Compiling
Date: 28 Apr 2003 10:27:13 +0200

"Ulrich Dirr" <ud@art-satz.de> writes:

> > The current developer version does this, you might want to try it
> > using anonymous CVS.  Take a look at
> > <URL:http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/auctex> for more info about
> > getting at CVS.
>
> Sorry, but I'm too stupid to understand the steps needed to get this
> working. Is there a guide for dummies like me?

I am too stupid to understand the objection: the mentioned web page
explicitly says

    Anonymous CVS Access

    This project's CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous
    (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you
    wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When
    prompted for a password for anoncvs, simply press the Enter key.

    Software repository :

    cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/auctex login

    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/auctex co
<modulename>

Apart from mentioning that the <modulename> is "auctex", I fail to
see how one could make a "guide for dummies" that would be any
different.