Re: Running 'mkid' on directory sub-tree

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Running 'mkid' on directory sub-tree
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:59:35 +0300

> From: brian.auld@adic.com
> Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:23:46 -0700
>
> How do I run 'mkid' to make and ID database for an entire directory subtree
> instead of just the 'current directory'?

`mkid' always searches all the subdirectories of any directory you
mention on its command line.  If you want some of the subdirectories
not to be searched, you need to use the --prune=NAMES option and
mention those directories in the list of NAMES.

So what you want is already done by default, and I wonder what caused
you to think otherwise.