Re: Per-File Auto fill mode?

From: gebser
Subject: Re: Per-File Auto fill mode?
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 10:01:00 -0400 (EDT)

At 16:53 (UTC+0200) on Mon, 28 Apr 2003 Oliver Scholz said:

= gebser@ameritech.net writes:
=
= > Thanks much, Oliver,
= >
= > I was just wondering how to do this very thing, so you've helped twice.
= > However, I want to use outline mode and turn off auto-fill.  I've got
= > the first part, but not the second, i.e.,
= >
= > % -*- mode: outline; auto-fill nil; -*-
=
= [The leading “%” is a comment-char, it is necessary only for
= LaTeX-files.]

The "%" (percent) character.  Understood.  Thanks.

=
= Well, the line I posted earlier actually _toggles_ auto-fill-mode, so
= if your have it normally turned _off_, you can use the same line.
=
= A better solution would be to use something like this:
=
= -*-mode: outline; eval: (auto-fill-mode -1) -*-
=
= But this has the disadvantage that you are queried each time you open
= the file whether you want the local variables section to be evaluated.

Tried this and I see what you mean.  It's interesting, but I could see
where it'd become tiresome before too long.

=
= Is there any reason why you don't have auto-fill-mode turned on by
= default? For example with:

Well, I do have it turned on by default.  I was just trying to
anticipate the possibility that I might have it turned off by default.

Thanks again,
ken