Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?

From: BK
Subject: Re: Does Carbon Emacs ignore ~/.emacs ?
Date: 3 May 2003 22:48:27 -0700

tristero <tristero@waste.net> wrote ...

> BK wrote:
> > This involves (amongst other things) to put some load instructions
> > into ~/.emacs but I have my doubts that Carbon Emacs even bothers to
> > look at the file.
>
> There's nothing unusual about the carbon build in this respect. It
> reads ~/.emacs at startup in the usual way.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

> > Yes, I know there is XEmacs, but I do not wish to use it nor do I wish
> > to discuss why I don't want to use it.
>
> How open-minded of you.

It would seem that your comment is an indication that it is indeed
necessary to have such a disclaimer when asking a question these days.

I am to isolate a problem with Carbon Emacs. I might not like it that
way, but that's the way it is. I imagine myself being a car mechanic
and everytime someone brings in a car for repair I am going to suggest
he better buy a different car and instead of trying to fix the
problem, everyone gets engaged in a heated discussion about which car
is better. Doesn't work that way, does it?! Only in the IT world does
this seem to be widely accepted.

rgds
bk