Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:01:44 GMT

In article <m2issoavgw.fsf@owlbear.local>,
Andrew Choi  <akochoi_NOSPAM_@shaw.ca> wrote:
>For the record, let me just say I /intended/ Emacs on the Mac OS to
>behave the way it behaves when I ported it: as close to itself on other
>platforms as possible.  I'm open to suggestions but certainly not ones
>that begin by saying "Is your port crippleware or broken?".

I suggest that you also support standard MacOS behavior whenever it doesn't
conflict with normal Emacs behavior.  So if Command isn't being used as
Meta, you should support the standard shortcuts: Cmd-Q for
save-buffers-kill-emacs, Cmd-X/C/V for kill-region/kill-ring-save/yank,
Cmd-O/S for find-file/save-buffer, etc.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA