Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: Ajanta
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 21:39:29 GMT

BK <bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> "Hi, I read your step by step guide and managed to get Emacs and ILISP
> working but I can't seem to quit the program. You said I shouldn't be
> confused by the fact that 'Quit' doesn't quit, that it was meant to be
> that way and use C-x C-c instead to quit, but C-x C-c doesn't quit the
> program either. What's going on here?"
>
> So, shall I write something like this
>
> "Don't get confused by the fact that "Quit" doesn't quit. It is meant
> to be that way. Instead Emacs is meant to quit by doing C-x C-c, but
> that may not work either so use force quit or kill -9 to kill Emacs."

I have "enhanced carbon emacs" here (v 21.3.50) from
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/mac-emacs/ .

You can quit with C-x C-c.

You can quit by closing the window, by clicking in the top left corner
button.

If the Emacs icon is in the dock, then right-click, or C-click, and
just click-and-hold, all 3 result in a menu from which you can quit.

Only Cmd-q is disabled, but there are plenty of ways to quit.