Re: Date conflicts with ange-ftp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Date conflicts with ange-ftp
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:59:55 +0200

olivier.marti@cea.fr (Olivier Marti) writes:

> when I edit a remote file with Emacs 21.2, I've got I soon as I type any
> characacter :
>
> File change on disk; Really want to edit the buffer ?(y,n , r or C-h)
>
> I've check time on my machine and the remote one, and its ok. Moreover,
> I've got no problem with emacs20, and this came for any file and any
> remote machine with emacs21.

I think the time-checking code is new in Emacs 21's ange-ftp.el.

Hm.  What does (verify-visited-file-modtime (current-buffer)) say in
such a buffer?  What does it say in a buffer where you don't get the
above question?

If the result of verify-visited-file-modtime is wrong, then you need
to investigate the code of the function
ange-ftp-verify-visited-file-modtime.  I can help you with that, if
you like.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)