Re: Chinese characters support

From: Charles Muller
Subject: Re: Chinese characters support
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:15:32 +0900 (JST)

Kai wrote:

> However, I don't use CJK myself (much), and therefore I am quite
> ready to be proven wrong.  Is it common to have a garbled HELLO file
> but still CJK is working right?

No, it is exactly the opposite. It is common for one to be able to display
the HELLO file without problems, but to still have difficulty displaying CJK
in other encodings, especially UTF-8.

Chuck

Charles Muller  <acmuller@gol.com>
Faculty of Humanities,  Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJKV-English Dictionary
[http://www.acmuller.net]
H-Buddhism List Editor [http://www2.h-net.msu.edu/~buddhism/]
Mobile Phone: 090-9310-1787