Why do you use emacs?

From: Artur Hefczyc
Subject: Why do you use emacs?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 19:41:12 +0200

Hello,

I am currently working on emacs guide designed for
Java developers but not only. I would like to put one
section somewhere with title
"Why to use Emacs?"
My idea is to include there opinions from real emacs users.

So my question is: Could you please send me the most
important reason for you why you use emacs instead of
other modern IDEs?
If you send your comments with your name I will include your
sentences as citation with it's author name

I can receive your comments from my e-mail box:
.kobit@users.sourceforge.net
or from this group.

The test version of this guide is here:
http://wttools.sourceforge.net/emacs-stuff/emacsandjdee.html