Re: Why do you use emacs?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Why do you use emacs?
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:48:46 -0400

Artur Hefczyc wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently working on emacs guide designed for
> Java developers but not only. I would like to put one
> section somewhere with title
> "Why to use Emacs?"
> My idea is to include there opinions from real emacs users.
>
> So my question is: Could you please send me the most
> important reason for you why you use emacs instead of
> other modern IDEs?
> If you send your comments with your name I will include your
> sentences as citation with it's author name
>
> I can receive your comments from my e-mail box:
> .kobit@users.sourceforge.net
> or from this group.
>
> The test version of this guide is here:
> http://wttools.sourceforge.net/emacs-stuff/emacsandjdee.html
>
> regards
> Artur Hefczyc
> --
> Artur Hefczyc                                kobit@users.sourceforge.net
> Open Source Developer
> http://geotools.sourceforge.net/
> http://wttools.sourceforge.net/

I don't know if my being a writer is pertinent to your topic.

I use Emacs as a writer because of its enormous number of editing commands.
Since most writing is rewriting, having a more powerful set of editing
tools is quite useful.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of my e-mail address. It's to
confuse spambots, of course.