Re: Chinese characters support

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Chinese characters support
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 09:05:44 +0200

Charles Muller <acmuller@gol.com> writes:

> Since the HELLO file is used for internal testing by Emacs coders it almost
> always works correctly in any recent Emacs "out of the box."

Ah, I see.  Actually, some people see empty boxes when the display
HELLO.  But you're right, usually it Just Works.

And you're also right in that something more is needed to test
Unicode support in Emacs.  It seems that installing Mule-UCS on Emacs
20 also makes it Just Work, more or less.  I've had less of a success
with installing Mule-UCS on Emacs 21 -- there was some double-UTF-8
encoding in messages written with Gnus.
--
This line is not blank.