Re: special symbol

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: special symbol
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 10:33:12 +0200

Guldo K <guldo@tiscali.it> writes:

> I have to type a certain symbol, it's quite like <'>, you know, the one used
> mostly at the beginning of words in tex docs.
> I tried Shift+' and AltGr+', and I got two different symbols, but none works.
> Works for what?
> I need it for musixtex.
> So, is there another way I don't know to get that kind of symbol?

It's hard to say what the symbol might be on an Italian keyboard, but
maybe you have dead keys?  I mean a key ' that you press together
with e to get the character é, and a key ` that you press together
with e to get è.

Then ` followed by space and ' followed by space should give you left
and right single quotes, as used by TeX.

--
This line is not blank.