Re: Opt/Fn as meta? (emacs on macs)

From: Matthew Calhoun
Subject: Re: Opt/Fn as meta? (emacs on macs)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 22:06:30 -0700

El Friday, 9 May, 2003, a las 11:47 PM, help-gnu-emacs-request@gnu.org escribió:

1. Running in a Terminal (either gnuemacs or xemacs).  Enable the
   Emulation preference "Use option as meta key"...

I'm using OS X's pre-installed emacs (gnu 21.1.1), and I've done this, but it's not working quite right. Commands that start with "C-" work fine, commands that start with "M-" work fine, but when I hold down both Ctrl and Meta, the Ctrl is ignored. For instance, if I try to run mark-sexp using C-M-@, Emacs interprets it as M-@, which is bound to mark-word. Using ESC C-@ instead seems to work fine, it's just a pain to type. Any ideas as to what might be wrong? Does anyone else using the same setup even see this behavior? I haven't been able to find any mention of it.

Thanks,
Matt