Saving point between sessions like Vim

From: Andrew J. Korty
Subject: Saving point between sessions like Vim
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:12:08 -0500

When revisiting a file with Vim, I'm taken to the place I left off
editing last time.  Is there a pre-defined feature or package that
gives Emacs this capability?

I've seen the context saving and restoring packages.  They all seem to
have a feature I don't want: reopening all the files I was editing
last time.  What I want is not to open any files automatically, but
merely for find-file to restore point when I revisit a file.

--
Andrew J. Korty, Principal Security Engineer, GCIA, GCFA
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology