Re: Indentation problems in SGML mode

From: Jeffery B. Rancier
Subject: Re: Indentation problems in SGML mode
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:36:33 -0400

"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> writes:

>>> Are you using PSGML or the SGML mode that comes with Emacs?
>> Out of the box SGML mode. (along with xslt-process as the minor mode).
>
> Out of the box, Emacs's sgml-mode does not have xslt-process, does not do
> indentation, and does not know anything about XML.
> You might want to try:
>
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/emacs/emacs/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el?rev=HEAD
>
> which adds XML support and indentation to "out of the box SGML mode".

That appears to be the same module included in my install (although
more current, is that what you were implying?), in
/emacs-21.3/lisp/textmodes/sgml-mode.el.

Also, from the Menu->SGML->File Options, there is *Indent Step*, and
*Indent Data*.  Are we talking about two different SGML modes?
--
Thanks,
Jeff

`----