Re: Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.

From: Mamouliane
Subject: Re: Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 12:13:02 -0400

On Mon, 19 May 2003 14:22:48 -0700, Robert Pollard
<rpollard@apple.com> wrote:

>I am sorry I can't help you with your question but I believe you could
>help me.  I have been looking for a way to define my own colorization
>scheme for a particular mode type.  One of the ones I was needing to
>define was PL/SQL.  You indicated there was a SQL and PL/SQL mode in
>Emacs.  I was not aware that this existed.  How can I get this mode?
>And, maybe you can help me understand how I can define my own mode or
>colorizations as well.  I have bought books on Emacs (which are few and
>far between) but none of them talk about defining your own mode.
>
>I have asked this list the question of how you define your own colors.
>After a few responses of RTFM to you can colorize text with the
>font-lock-mode command I gave up on getting what I was looking for.
>The manual describes and gives examples of adding keywords.  This is
>not what I am looking for.  I want to know how adding keywords works.
>It appears when you add keywords you use a type face definition like
>font-lock-warning-face.  I don't want to use whatever
>font-lock-warning-face is using as a color or type definition.  I want
>to be able to use my own colors when defining patterns.  This is what I
>need to know.
>
>Could/would you point me in a direction to find out how to define my
>own colors for specific patterns?
>
>Could/would you point me in a direction to understanding what it would
>take to define my own mode?
>
>Could/would you let me know how to use SQL or PL/SQL editing modes?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robert Pollard
>
>On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 02:07 PM, Mamouliane wrote:

Hi Robert,

The sql-mode comes standard with Emacs and XEmacs. If you want
to take a look at it, it's in lisp/progmodes/sql.el. It's very well
documented so you may be able to find what you are looking for.

A PL/SQL mode can be found here:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PlsqlMode

By the way, you can find a lot of good stuff at
http://www.emacswiki.org. Thanks again Alex!

Mamou