Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 20:24:01 +0200

* Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For starters:
> (tool-bar-mode -1)    ; see Tool bar support in etc/NEWS

As far as I have been told this is the worst possibility of the two ways
how to disable the tool bar because first it is going to be enabled just
in order to be disabled right after. I use this option because it
disables the tool bar just from the beginning when Emacs is going to
start (at least this was suggested when I asked the same question some
time ago):

,----[ ~/.Xresources ]
| ! Disabling the Emacs tool bar
| Emacs.toolBar: 0
`----

Regards,
Marcus
--
Spook words for the NSA: President, Military Intelligence, PGP, Defense, SASR,
CDC, DOE, FMS, HPCC, NTIS, SEL, USCODE, CISE, SIRC, CIM, ISN, DJC, SGC, CDA,