Slickedit features in Emacs?

From: Henrik Jönsson
Subject: Slickedit features in Emacs?
Date: 21 May 2003 11:59:31 -0700

I just was on a demo for Visual SlickEdit here at my company. I am
impressed.
My initial question was of course if the functions in Slickedit exists
in emacs. Some of them exists I know.

* Autocompletion of expressions. When the user write "if " it expands
automatically into a full if template. Can this be done with
skeletons?

* "Intellisense". I know that semantic can do something like this, but
does it work for everyday use? Has anyone tried it?

* Dynamic Tagging. Go to the function declaration etc. I haven't used
tags that much.

I don't want to abandon emacs because I use it for calendar, diary,
notes, etc. But for programming Slickedit is very interresting.

Regards

Henrik