Re: Make CVS default revision controller

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Make CVS default revision controller
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:26:45 +0200

Burton Samograd <kruhft@hotmail.com> writes:

> I would reccomend just using RCS if you want that.  CVS is a bit picky
> sometimes and RCS offers most of the same features (CVS was built off
> of RCS initially).  Instead of storing in CVSROOT it just puts the
> version files in ./RCS directories, and provides full merging, version
> diffing, branching, etc.  Don't throw away old tools just so you can
> use trendy software when won't even need 10% of the features it
> provides.

FWIW, I use CVS for my config files.  Then it is very easy to use
them on different machines.  I love it.

But I use the symlink trick.  I wrote a Makefile that creates all the
necessary symlinks, and I use "make install" from time to time
whenever I think that the symlinks should be corrected.
--
This line is not blank.