ido-write-file to a different directory

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: ido-write-file to a different directory
Date: 23 May 2003 16:23:57 +0200

Hi,
I'm using ido 1.56 on emacs 21.3.
When I try to save a buffer with the same filename in a different directory,
I'd like to specify just the new directory (that's the way I did it before
I used ido), i.e. the name defaults to the buffer file name, but I can't see
how I do this with ido enabled without retyping the whole filename.
>From what I've read I expected C-f to fall back to the normal write command.
When I try C-f in the minibuffer I get the directory name, but when I press
enter now, emacs saves the file as "<dir-spec>/ *temp*" and this file is empty.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
---
Only a fool has no doubts.