Re: Some question about fontsets

From: Shane McAndrew
Subject: Re: Some question about fontsets
Date: 23 May 2003 16:41:35 +0200

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

> If you type `M-x describe-fontset RET', does Emacs offer you your
> fontset ("fontset-shane") for completion? If so, then at least your
> changes to .Xdefault took effect. If not, please type
> "xrdb ~/.Xdefaults" at an xterm (or what ever shell you use under X)
> and start Emacs again.

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults partially fixed the problem. I had assumed that
logging out then back in to X11 effectly did the same thing, but
apparently not!

Now I see the phonetic characters like this -

(back-to-front 3), "g", "z", "a", ("~" in superscript position), "p", "l"

That's ok, except the "a" and ("~" in superscript position) shoud be
displayed as a single character. This represents the French nasal
vowel "an" as in "banque". There is a similar problem with the other
nasal vowels. However, uxterm (unicode xterm) manages to diplay as
single characters.

Thanks again
Shane