Re: Background colors in font-lock-keywords

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: Background colors in font-lock-keywords
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 00:43:39 +0200

Oliver Scholz <alkibiades@gmx.de> writes:

[...]
> Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this. The thing that comes
> closest to this is something like:
>
> (set (make-local-variable 'default-text-properties)
>      '(face example-l-word-face))
>
> The disadvantages are obvious.
[...]

I forgot to add: you can also do something like:

(overlay-put (make-overlay (point-min)
                           (point-max))
             'face
             'example-l-word-face)

Still not exactly what you want and not a canonical thing to do in a
major mode. But you don't have to add `prepend' keywords to all your
font-lock directives.

    Oliver
--
9 Prairial an 211 de la Révolution