Re: emacs colors in rxvt

From: RB
Subject: Re: emacs colors in rxvt
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:24:15 -0400

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

>> Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:46:47 -0500 (CDT)
>> From: Joe Corneli <jcorneli@mail.ma.utexas.edu>
>>
>> does anyone have ANSI colors in their emacs 21 running
>> in rxvt? If so, could you send me the relevant part
>> of your .emacs?  I'm having the darnedest time with this...
>
> I'd suggest to look at rxvt.el in the CVS version of Emacs.  It
> already has all the rxvt support.

related question:

i do run emacs (21.2) with full colors in an rxvt window - this is while
ssh'ed into a remote host. my problem is that the cursor is the same
color (black) as the background, and therefore invisible unless it
(point) is on a character, in which case I can see a little bit the
cursor. it displays as white on yellow, red, or whatever color
characters, so I guess it's working in reverse. no settings have been
altered from the standard - either Xresources or .emacs or any other
customization. when not running emacs, the rxvt window displays as white
background with black characters.

the rxvt terminal is running on an irix machine, ssh'ed into a debian
and/or freebsd host.

if there is a solution, that would be a big help, because I normally
have to guess where is point now. thanks,

RB