Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars

From: Mario Giammarco
Subject: Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:31:49 GMT

Oliver Scholz wrote:

> Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@nospam.supereva.it> writes:
> [...]
>> Me too I have done the same thing. when I do flyspell-mode it says error
>> /usr/lib/ispell/italianx.hash not found.
>
> Please post the code that you added to you .emacs.

if I use this .emacs:

(add-to-list 'ispell-local-dictionary-alist
             '("italianx"
               "[[:alpha:]]"
               "[^[:alpha:]]"
               "[']" t
               ("-C" "-d" "italian")
               "~latin1" iso-8859-15))

(setq ispell-dictionary "italianx")

I obtain at the start of emacs this error: Symbol value as variable is void

So I modified to this .emacs:

'(ispell-local-dictionary-alist
             '("italianx"
               "[[:alpha:]]"
               "[^[:alpha:]]"
               "[']" t
               ("-C" "-d" "italian")
               "~latin1" iso-8859-15))

(setq ispell-dictionary "italianx")

Now emacs works but when I start flyspell I got:

can't open /usr/lib/ispell/italianx.hash^M

>> I use debian unstable, but installed stable emacs.
>
> Which version is that?

GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386-debian-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2002-03-22 on raven, modified by Debian

> [...]
>> Please tell me if Latin-9 is a mule option in menu.
>
> I don't understand. What do you want to do?

Look in my other post