Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: [newbie] emacs flyspell not understands well accented chars
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 13:09:06 +0200

Mario Giammarco <mgiammarco@nonspam.monrif.net> writes:

> On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:21:13 +0200, Oliver Scholz wrote:
>

>> Do you per chance have a unibyte buffer? This could be the case if you
>> have `(standard-display-european t)' somewhere in your configs. Please
>> put the cursor on an such an accented character and hit `C-u C-x ='.
>>

> This is reply, if you need more info tell me!
>
>   character:  (04340, 2272, 0x8e0)
>     charset: latin-iso8859-1 (Right-Hand Part of Latin Alphabet 1 (ISO/IEC
> 8859-1): ISO-IR-100)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Didn't you mention that you have a Latin-9 locale?

I am really puzzled, and I have no idea what is going on on your
system. All I can say is that if I put this attached Elisp code into a
file "fl-test.el" on my Debian GNU/Linux and start Emacs from the
same directory with

emacs -q --no-site-file -l "fl-test.el"

Then everything works as expected.

    Oliver