2 chars on end of password in shell bug

From: Bruce Ingalls
Subject: 2 chars on end of password in shell bug
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:58:23 GMT

I'm not sure if bug reports support the w32 shell, but here goes:

I've been working with plink.exe <url: http://www.openssh.org/ >
to support ssh/tramp on msft windows.

plink works fine from the command line, but has a problem, when run under M-x shell:
The last 2 chars get chopped off.
If I append 2 garbage chars to the end, the password is recognized fine.

I tried M-x term and M-eshell, with even worse results.

Bottom line: M-x shell chops the last 2 chars off passwords, especially plink.exe