Re: ECB for LaTeX?

From: Eric Ludlam
Subject: Re: ECB for LaTeX?
Date: 10 Jun 2003 10:17:58 -0400

>>> "Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu> seems to
>>> think that:
>> 1. Integrating speedbar not only as replacement for the directories buffer
>>    (like in latest production release 1.93) but possibility to display
>>    speedbar in any of the special windows of ECB. So you can use the default
>>    directories buffer of ECB plus the speedbar as replacement of the default
>>    methods-token-buffer of ECB ==> You display directoires and methods/tokens
>>    in different windows.
>
>Do I understand correctly that there can only be one speedbar buffer ?
>Why not get rid of that restriction ?

The seeming "1 speedbar" restriction is because it is "active",
meaning it tries to show you useful things based on the cursor focus.
Since there is one cursor focus, there is one speedbar.

You can lock down a view by choosing "detach" from the speedbar menu
(mouse-3), after which you can create a new speedbar, leaving the
original one lying about.

Unfortunately, it isn't as robust as it could be. :(

Eric